Colorful peppers in a spicy peanut-coconut sauce
This colorful paprika vegetable is bedded in a creamy and very aromatic coconut milk sauce. Chili, ginger, mustard seeds, curry and turmeric provide the pleasant spice. Tamarind, peanuts and coconut flakes complete the taste perfectly. The delicious vegetable dish is easy to prepare and ready to serve within 35 minutes.
Ingredients for 2 servings
For the pepper vegetables
- 200 g red peppers (pepperoni) – wash, core and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 200 g of green pepper – wash, core and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 100 g of celery – wash, draw threads and finely cut
- 1 mild red chilli pepper (peperoncini) – core and finely chop
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger – finely chop
- 1 teaspoon yacon syrup
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- crystal salt
- black pepper
For the nut paste
- 3 tablespoons of peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 150 ml of water
Preparation time approx. 35 minutes
In a fat-free pan, roast the peanuts for 2 minutes, then add the coconut flakes and sesame seeds and roast.
Pour the contents of the pan into a blender, finely puree with 150 ml of water and set aside.
Heat the pan again, add the coconut oil and sauté the ginger with the mustard seeds. Add the pepper pieces, chilli strips and celery and sauté for about 4 minutes.
Dust with curry and turmeric and fry briefly in the remaining heat. (The pan should not be too hot, otherwise the spices will be bitter.)
Then deglaze with coconut milk, stir in the nut paste, yacon syrup and tamarind concentrate and simmer for 10 minutes until the peppers are cooked but still have some bite. Season with salt and pepper.
A wholegrain basmati rice goes well with it.
Here you will find our cooking films YouTube ,